Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: Wildly by T. Swanepoel



Genre: Sci-Fi | Fantasy

Synopsis:
She underestimated the dark side of the moon...

Valerie, a freshly-arrived varsity student, falls in love with her rescuer after an unusual attack. But what she doesn’t know, is that Alex is not the average boy-next- door.

She unknowingly witnesses the build-up to an ancient battle between the sun and the moon… and soon discovers that she is the centre pin of the battle.
Review:
If you like complicated plots, action, comedy, romance, and well rounded characters with a touch of the supernatural then this is the book for you. Wildly combines scientific theories with supernatural elements to create an exciting and intriguing story. The characters are the physical embodiment of stars and planets (think Sailor Moon here) and manifest powers that are similar to their respective planet/star's physical and chemical makeup. I remember the difficulty of my Astronomy class in college and I must commend Swanepoel for the sheer amount of research and attention to detail put into this story. I can see myself learning something new each time I read it. Honestly, I think I need to read it again just so I have a better understanding of what actually happened. This story is so complex, mysterious, and exciting that readers will pick it up again and again. The icing on the cake for me is that Swanepoel targets both adolescents and adults. The characters are college age so Wildly suits a wide variety of audiences. As of now it is free for Nooks. Check it out, it's worth the read.



Rating: 5 out of 5 owls



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...