Monday, May 28, 2012

Review: Hopeless Magic by Rachel Higginson



Genre: Supernatural


Hopeless Magic  is Higginson's riveting sequel to Reckless Magic. I was really impressed by the seamless transition that reads as a continuation of the main story, rather than an entirely new adventure that merely recycles characters. While I am not fond of love triangles, the rising tension between Eden and Jericho, along with Kiran being a royal pain, is both exciting and aggravating. As of right now I'm leaning towards team Jericho. I love villains, but as a love interest Kiran just doesn't cut it. I'm anxious to see how all of the pain and tragedy affects the relationships, and I'm looking forward to meeting Eden and Avalon's parents.

What I love most about Higginson's story so far is how attached I've become to the characters. Her characters are portrayed with a sensitiveness towards the struggles and perspectives of the teenage population, while emphasizing the mystery of the supernatural.



Rating: 4 out of 5 owls




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...