Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Review: Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson



Genre: Supernatural


Synopsis:

16 year old Eden Matthews has been in and out of private schools for the last two years. She can't seem to stop herself from closing them down. Kingsley is her last chance to finish high school and the last private school willing to accept her.
She is focused on just getting through graduation until she realizes Kingsley is not like the other private schools she's been to. The students may be different, but so is she. And after meeting Kiran Kendrick, the boy who won't leave her alone and seems to be the source of all her problems, she is suddenly in a world that feels more make-believe than reality.
To top it off, she is being hunted by men who want to kill Kiran and her best friend Lilly is taken away to a foreign prison. Eden finds herself right in the middle of an ancient war, threatening everything she loves. She alone has to find a way to save her best friend and the boy who has captivated her heart.

Review:

This one has been added to my list of favorites. I had downloaded Reckless Magic on my Nook months before my aunt suggested I read it, however I wasn't able to read anything until my student teaching was finished. I am pleased to say that I haven't read a book that forced me to stay up all night until I finished it in years. I couldn't put it down. I quickly became emotionally attached to the characters and I relished in the romantic drama. I don't even know where to begin to describe how amazing this book is. Eden is strong, loyal, determined, outspoken, and so normal she's endearing. Kiran is a complete prick until the reader realizes how thoroughly smitten he is with Eden. Avalon is the perfect over-protective brother and Amory is just gallant. 

Rachel Higginson is brilliant. She has created a world with such care and intimacy that the reader feels connected and engulfed in the story. I see myself re-reading this book every year. I'm anxious to begin the next installment of the Star-Crossed series. Check out Reckless Magic, it's golden. 

Tasty Tid-bit:
"As unlikely as our love affair might have been, loving Kiran was the only concrete path I could imagine. Consumed with a love that would probably get me killed, I would never have chosen any other way. We were truly destined for each other, fated to be together... we were star-crossed."




Rating: 4 out of 5 owls

Buy for Nook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...