Saturday, November 3, 2012

Review: Flutter by Melissa Andrea



Genre: Supernatural | Shapeshifters


Wow...I haven't read a decent book about shapeshifters in a long time. I had no idea which branch of supernatural lore Flutter would encompass when I began reading it, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I admit that I chose to read it almost solely based on the cover and the fact that it was in the Paranormal/Urban Fantasy genre.

The plot moves at a very fast pace, which I greatly appreciate, and the characters face ample amounts of drama, which engages the reader and makes them develop attachments towards the characters. Adan and Sara's interactions with each other include fire hot chemistry, moments of sweet affection, and sheer adoration.

The only reason I'm not giving Flutter a 5 star review is due to the grammar mistakes and the tiny bit of confusion that I felt at the end. In my opinion, when creating a new world, an author should take care to develop it fully in the first novel, instead of throwing in details at the end. Don't get me wrong, I like Melissa's original interpretation of this type of lore, but I wish she hadn't waited until the very end to make it epic. Despite that, Melissa has created a new dynamic for the Urban Fantasy genre, and I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next.

Flutter is a must-read.



Rating: 4 out of 5 owls


Book Trailer:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...