Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review: Spells by Aprilynne Pike



Genre: Urban Fantasy | Faeries


I think I enjoyed Spells more than Wings. Laurel seemed to mature and get over herself. Her struggles in her classes in Avalon were more realistic. I enjoyed learning about the different traditions and social expectations that the faerie uphold. 

What I loved most was the undeniable chemistry between Laurel and Tamani. The "love" between Laurel and David just can't compare. I'm shipping for Tamani all the way. 

Pike has a beautiful writing style and her descriptions of Avalon are spectacular. New characters were introduced, but the mystery stayed throughout the book. There was plenty on conflict and just enough action to keep the plot interesting. 

The only reason Spells doesn't get five stars is because there was a little too much of the "We know you know absolutely nothing about our culture, but we expect you to abide by and suddenly know all the rules. Oh, and hurry it up." That was my only complaint. Other than that, Spells is a gem.

Rating: 4 out of 5 owls


Trailer:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...