Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Review: Keystone by Misty Provencher



Genre: Paranormal | Teen Romance


Synopsis

Book Two in the Cornerstone Series.

There's a man-made storm coming, like a rip in the world, and it's called the Cusp.
Struggling to fit into the destiny she's accepted, Nalena Maxwell has been left with one objective: she must find her murdered grandfather's Memory. Stolen and hidden away by her own father over seventeen years ago, the Memory could be the key to ending the Cusp and destroying the Ianua's rival community, The Fury.
Driven by each individual's selfish desires, The Fury has always lacked the loyalty and organization it needs to be an actual force of power.
Until now.
Someone masterminded the Fury's massive attack on the Ianua, slaughtering twelve of their thirteen community leaders, the Addos. Now there are rumors that the 13th Cura, to which Nali belongs, has gone to the Fury, manipulating the last Addo in order to control the other 12 Curas.
As the Cusp brings the Fury and their own communities against them, Nalena's Cura must preserve the Ianua, but finding the key to the Cusp isn't as simple as it seems.

Review:

It takes a lot to make me cry when reading a book. I had legit tears streaming down my face when Nali had to say goodbye to her mother. Misty has a real talent at making her readers feel every emotion that the characters experience.

Keystone is everything I had hoped for and much more. It is everything a sequel should be. At one point I was afraid Misty was bringing Zaneen and Milo in as new love interests, but I was so pleased when Garrett and Nali stayed true to each other. I love the inner strength of these characters, and I appreciate that Misty left room for them to grow. Zane was a wonderful comic addition and I love him almost as much as Garrett.

The action scenes were intense, and Misty maintained a level of mystery that prevented me from figuring everything out right away. I honestly have no complaints and suggestions of things to change. Everything was written with such care and thoughtfulness.

Great job, Misty! 

Random Quote:
I wince. "Yeah, sorry I stink."
"Oh honey," she laughs. "I have four boys. You don't even know what stink is."

Rating: 5 out of 5 owls


My review of Cornerstonethe first book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...